Taxes are due April 15th. Federal tax payments have been deferred for 90 days, so even if you owe money you won't have to pay. It's important to file to be eligible for Earned Income tax Credit and the Working Families Credit. These credits could mean up to $6,800 back!
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) can provide needed cash. Based on your income level, you could qualify for:
- $6,557 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,828 with two qualifying children
- $3,526 with one qualifying child
- $529 with no qualifying children
California Earned Income Tax Credit is a cashback credit that puts additional money in your pocket. You're eligible if you meet the income requirements and have lived in California for 6 months of the tax year.
- No children: Up to $240
- One child: Up to: $1,605
- Two children: Up to $2,651
- Three or more children: Up to $2,982
The Working Families Credit (WFC) Program is for San Francisco residents and offers up to $250 per year. You can receive this benefit multiple times, so if you received it last year you should apply again. You may qualify if you:
- Live in San Francisco.
- Have earned less than $56,000 in 2019.
- File your tax return by April 15, 2020.
- Claim at least one qualifying dependent child on your federal tax return.
- Claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on your tax return.
So how do I get these tax credits?
Get free tax help and file your taxes now! Visit EarnItKeepItSaveIt.org to find the free tax help that is right for you, including online webinars
Back to WorkWhile's Coronavirus Resources