Cultivating an environment where the Interplanetary Stack of IPFS, libp2p, and IPLD thrive!
📍 Mission and Scope
For IPFS, libp2p, and IPLD, we:
- Set direction/standards the projects, protocols, and architecture
- Cultivate a vibrant contributing community
This translates to...
- Steward the protocols & implementations.
- Propose & help prioritize projects.
- Advise on protocol changes/proposals.
- Think about the long term, especially around architecture and technology choices.
- Work with PL EngRes project teams to integrate features.
- We’ll be actively involved in design discussions and architecture decisions.
- Project teams drive design/implementation but we may jump in where appropriate or needed.
- Keep PL open sources projects healthy (good hygiene)
- Triage bugs
- Triage and fix fires, pulling members from project teams when necessary.
- Work with project teams (or rotate people in from project teams) to fix other bugs.
- Move PRs, proposals through the process.
- Refactor as necessary (or propose refactor projects if they're too large).
- Design and implement OSS processes.
- Insist on the highest standards
- We may say “no” but will provide justification and propose alternatives.
- We’ll ensure the upfront costs get handled so contributors are empowered to do the incremental work to keep the high standard. For example, we’ll ensure setting up test infrastructure and “laying the tracks” for the first test, so others can do more.
- Spot and resolve conflicts between teams, features, etc.
🚧 Current Projects