Sora is launching Tracks for students who are looking for deep exploration in a wide range of career fields. Tracks are lead by industry Experts and Advisors. In Tracks, students work on guided industry-focused projects, receive career mentorship, and explore their fields of interests.
You will work directly with the Sora team to guide groups of and individual students on their industry/career journey in our Human Services Track.
- This is a part-time position, roughly 5-15 hours per month
- You can expect to work one hour per week with a group of students and 0.5-2 hours per week one-on-one with students
- Most work and meetings will take place some time between 1:30-2:30pm ET Tuesday and Thursday. We will also ask that you host 2 challenges per year for other, more "junior" students to advertise for your field.
By no means do we expect you to have deep expertise in each of the following fields. We're seeking a candidate with a handful of years of work experience in one or more of the areas below, with a level of comfort advising high schoolers on their projects across the rest.
- Family and Community Service
- Early Childhood Development
- Education (K-12)
- Counseling and Mental Health Services
The Role 🔭
- Facilitate a career/industry track by supporting student project development using guiding questions, facilitated discussions, and sharing of industry expertise
- 1:1 meetings/exchange with students on specific industry project and/or questions
- Work with student to identify the right resources for their learning needs and building accountability plans around it
- Working with the Sora team to better incorporate industry principles/skills into their learning expeditions + providing individual and group support for such work