💡 If you are not using the premium version of the Microsoft Power Automate for desktop, it can be rather tricky to retrieve the logs for the previous runs of a particular desktop flow. Until now.
You need to retrieve the logs for the previous runs of a particular desktop flow and you are not using the premium/paid version of Microsoft Power Automate. What can you do?
To retrieve the logs:
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power Automate Desktop\Console\Scripts.
- In the Scripts folder, select the required desktop flow based on the Workflow ID (see step 4 if you do not have this information).
- Go to the Runs folder, select the required run based on the Run ID; alternatively, you can select the required run based on the folder timestamp.
- Inside the Run folder, there will be a RunDefinition.json file. Open this file to view the name of the desktop flow and confirm that you are in the correct folder.
- The logs can be found in the Actions.log file.
- Last updated on: 18 Feb 2023
- Tested version(s): 22.214.171.12416
- Prerequisites: None
- Dependencies: None
- Known issues: None
- Source codes and files: None
- Tags: Logs