- Open people’s eyes by proving the status quo wrong.
- Articulate something everyone’s thinking about but no one is saying. Cut through the noise.
- Identify key trends on a topic. Use them to predict the future.
- Contribute original insights through research and experimentation.
- Distill an overwhelming topic into something approachable. (This guide.)
- Share a solution to a tough problem.
- Tell a suspenseful and emotional story that imparts a lesson.
Picking a Topic and
Writing falls into three buckets:
- Trivial things that everybody knows.
- Things that everybody knows, but you have a unique perspective on.
- Stuff that nobody knows so you have to do tons of research.
When writing, focus on #2.
Writing an Introduction