Short of the Week is the premiere destination for the best short films since 2007. Every short film is hand-curated by the world's top short film curators. Only a small percentage of submitted films are chosen as official selections and featured on shortoftheweek.com and its YouTube channel (850K subscribers).
✉️ What you get
- Get your film screened by a professional short film curator
- Response time: 7 days
Free for Pro Members
🟣 Submit a film
- Under 40 Minutes: Short films should be 40 minutes or less. The average film we feature is 10 minutes. The longer your film (over 15 minutes), the higher the bar a film needs to clear.
- All Rights Secured: We require films to have all rights and releases secured for public screening. This includes music.
- English language or English subtitles.
- Does not violate our content guidelines : No hateful or harmful content. No pornography. See Community Guidelines
We do not require
- Premiere Status : No premiere status is required, however, we encourage you to submit your film as soon as possible.
- Completion Date : There is no film completion date requirement. We don't discriminate against older films, so films created years or even decades ago are still eligible.
What We Look For
We look for the best innovative stories. We value great characters, interesting new worlds, and stories that surprise us over fancy visual effects, famous actors, or gags. When screening films, we tend to score them based on three attributes: