We use three tools: Notion (hi!), Slack, and GitHub.
- Notion is for our Wiki and product management.
- GitHub is for our codebase.
- Slack is for everything else. It's the closest to real-time we have. You are safe checking this once a day, if not less.
- Integrations are set up to notify you about all relevant activity in #engineering, #releases, and #infrastructure. 500 errors go to #errors (ignore if new).
- #engineering-questions: most important channel to join and keep track of. where we chatter!
- #infrastructure: where engineers chatter about infrastructure (aws, downtime, and more).
- #support is the channel used for the support team to get help with answers for our creators.
- Every Monday, people post what they're working on in #updates.
- Work chat happens in public channels as much as possible. This way, everyone is aware of what’s being talked about (and why).
Read What Matters for general values and how to apply them.
- The #design channel is a great place to see what the designers are up to.
- Product-specific channels such as #mobile-apps, #product, #flexile
- Disable emails from GitHub to reduce duplication of notifications. We recommend using #engineering and GitHub.com or the app directly instead.
- Disable emails from New Relic, Bugsnag.
- Turn off all notifications from your phone!