How to begin
There are two ways to create a new request:
- Visit the profile page of the user you would like to target with a request, and tap or click the Make a request button.
- Tap the Request tab on mobile or click the Make a request button in the header on desktop.
The Create Request wizard includes the following options:
- Target user (required) - If using method #1 above, this will pre-filled. If using method #2, you will specify the user.
- Brief summary of request (required) - This is a short summary of your request.
- Additional details (optional) - If you need additional space to explain your request or how it should be fulfilled, include those details here. It’s better to provide too much detail than too little.
- Your pledge amount (required) - You must include an initial pledge with your new request. Remember, you’ll only be charged after the request has been successfully fulfilled.
- Privacy (required) - Requests are publicly visible and open to backing (i.e. crowdfunding) by default, but requests can also be private. Private requests can’t be crowdfunded, and are only visible to the creator of the request and its target.
- Image (optional) - Have a relevant or eye-catching image to associate with your request? Upload an image to give your request that certain something 🤌
Once you’ve submitted your request, it will be posted once the request has been reviewed and approved for release.
⚠️ Note: At this time, only authorized users can be targeted with a request. If you’d like to be eligible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.