📢 This page outlines how we hire people at Pento and what happens once we make you an offer to join us. We want everything to be clear from the start — as we hire people across multiple countries, we have various hiring mechanisms and differing timelines.
Our People and Talent team is here to guide you also; let us know if you have questions along the way 😀.
Start Date Options
We have 2x start date options a month — the first and third Monday of each month. This enables new joiners to form small cohorts and experience a structured-ish onboarding together.
Your contract options will differ depending on where you are located (we hire in most countries within +/- 3-hours CET):
- UK 🇬🇧 and Denmark 🇩🇰: we have a legal entity in both countries and you will be given a permanent contract directly from Pento
- Elsewhere 🌍: we work with Employers of Record (EORs such as Remote) and you will be given a permanent contract via one of these partners
💡 What’s an EOR and why do we use them?
Offer → Contract Timeline
Our EOR partners have specified onboarding timelines — the window of time they need to get you set-up on the platform and to produce your contract. This is 7-10 days on average and means that there will be a delay from the moment you receive an offer to when you will receive your contract. This may also determine your start date if you’re available to start right away.
If you’re hired directly, the contract timeline will be shorter; it will be with you within 1-2 days.
- Offer email sent. This will include all relevant details about your offer (salary, equity, benefits)
- Offer accepted. Once we have received confirmation that you would like to join us, alongside details of your references and right to work, we will start to create your contract — directly, or via one of our EOR partners
- Referencing and background checks. We must perform some critical checks and we choose to perform references. We will begin this from the moment you accept an offer. Read below for more details. These checks will happen in the background — we will issue your contract at the same time (although your employment is conditional on successfully passing these checks)
- EOR onboarding starts (if applicable). The EOR will contact you directly and request that you commence your onboarding process. They will request some of your personal information (such as address, date of birth, and ID)