💭 Creative thinking is simply finding new, improved ways to do anything.
Believe it Can Be Done
- "To do anything, we must first believe it can be done."
- "When you believe something is impossible, you mind goes to work for you to prove why. But when you believe, really believe, something can be done, your mind goes to work for you and helps you find the ways to do it."
- "Believe, and you'll start thinking-constructively."
- If you tell yourself something, you truly make something an absolute prioirty, then a solution will begin to form and you will find a way.
- Eliminate the word impossible from your vocabulary; if you believe something is impossible, you make it impossible.
- Think about something that you wish you could but haven't been able to; then write a list of reasons why you CAN do it. Most of us concentrate on why we can't do something when we should be focusing on the opposite.
Look for Beneficial Change
Average people resent progress; they think to themselves, "it's been this way for a hundred years. Therefore it must be good, so why change it?".
The airplane seemed much too drastic for many; "men had no right to enter the province of birds."
Man belongs where man wants to go.
There is no one best way to do anything; keep on proposing new, inventive methods to solve problems and you will always improve.
Many suffer from tradition paralysis.
- Be receptive to ideas. Welcome new ideas.
- Be an experitmental person, and constantly aim to improve routines.
- Be progressive, not regressive. Don't do things because that's the way they use to be done, do them because they are the most effective option.
- If you are a parent, don't make your kids do stuff because you used to do it when you were a kid. Think about the times and change accordingly to the situation.
💭 Continuously set higher expectations for yourself and seek improvement; divide your life into categories and perform a weekly review of each, planning to improve some small aspect every time.