- Sign up to write here. We start a new project—a Prosetrain—whenever we have 12-20 writers. You only sign up for new Prosetrains, not ones that have already started.
- We send out a pre-writing form before each Prosetrain so you can indicate favorite prompts and unavailable dates. Look out for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We send a shared Google Doc for the story and each writer’s assigned day to write to your email address. We also send you a text with your day to write and remind you by text on your day to write.
- When it’s your turn to write, you have the entire day to add on 2-15 sentences to the story draft. You do this in Suggesting mode. You can take the story in nearly any direction you want, though there is a general theme to guide your work.
- We approve what you write—make sure you check the Guidelines!
- See your writing become part of a much larger narrative as other writers add on. Use comments to suggest ideas for where the story can go, or to praise a particularly good section.
- You suggest story titles, and we send out a final wrap-up form where you vote for a title, fill out your writer profile for our website, and give us feedback.
- We publish the proofread story on our website.
“I try to leave out the parts that people skip.” —Elmone Leonard