🚂 Engineering Design
- I've taken systems from 0 → 1 at startups I’ve founded, and scaled teams through hypergrowth at Coinbase.
- I’ve written software across the entire stack from assembly to front-end and steered engineering organizations through major tech stack changes.
- I’ve spent a lot of time writing software for distributed systems, infrastructure management, back-end systems and cryptography.
- Finding your first hires. I've gone from 0→10 at SoundFocus and Farcaster and 25→ 200 engineers at Coinbase.
- Convincing people to join. I've closed 100+ hires at Coinbase personally. Email me to set up a 15 minute call after you've decided to hire (but before you make the offer!).
- Second opinion on important hires or people you need to retain. Email me, and we can coordinate this.
- Talking through difficult stuff or venting. This could be anything from team conflict to communicating a hard decision or having to fire someone. If urgent, phone call, Whatsapp or Signal.
- I've spent a lot of time building products in crypto, social, security and consumer fintech and am happy to be a rubber dick for ideas.
😇 Useful Angels
- I have a good network of Angels I co-invest with. Once I decide to invest, I can help connect you with them.