Lover of the Met Costume Institute, the hidden park at the Cooper Hewitt, and the UN's secret basketball court. On a quest to find NYC's best pastry shop.
My Favorite Bakeries
- Dominique Ansel Kitchen: Beyond the initial 'cronut' frenzy,this patisserie does produce incredible baked goods. My go-to is the perfectly caramelized DKA.
- Bosie Tea Parlor: The chef's tea cakes that accompany their afternoon tea are infused with actual tea leaves! The matcha cake is heavenly.
- Maman: Maman is a standby for an excellent chocolate chip cookie and a perfect lavender hot chocolate (my favorite!)
- Pennylane: I'm partial to Pennylane for its proximity to the UN and my penchant for an excellent warm chocolate chip cookie.
Demme's Top Museums
- Cooper Hewitt: As a design nerd, I love the Cooper Hewitt for its one-of-a-kind exhibits and gift shop that I've been known to spend far too long in. Pro tip: the outdoor garden/patio is an excellent place to sit with a morning tea and a great book.
- The Frick Collection: Fragonard rooms - need I say more?
- The Morgan Library: The Morgan is a rare book collectors dream but I love it for its Italianate bookplate marble and incredible mosaic ceilings.
How I Stay Active
- Barre || Spin || Basketball
- I'm currently on a mission to play at each of NYC's public basketball courts in Manhattan. Chelsea Courts are my favorite but the private court at the UN steals the show - especially at sunset.
Find out more?
Skills, Tools, & Case Studies