💡 If you feel like you don’t match these criteria exactly, please reach out to us anyways. We believe that character is just as important as your skills!
🔍 Who Are We Looking For
We are seeking an experienced synthesis professional for the Head of Organic Synthesis role. This role has a part-time commitment with opportunity for transition into full-time role and as such we are open to accommodate a professional with existing research projects or post-doctoral commitments. The ideal candidate for the role has extensive experience in combinatorial synthesis with solid-state beads and is relentless about improving and iterating processes for optimised outcomes.
- Leading the organic synthesis team, organising workflows and ensuring timely project delivery.
- Coordinate combinatorial synthesis on solid-phase beads.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative synthesis control trials.
- Iterate, improve and optimise combinatorial synthesis processes.
- Work alongside Head of Applied Sciences to integrate DNA tagging and synthesis protocols.
- Ensuring timely and accurate synthesis experiment reporting into internal ELN system.
- Fostering collaborative and open work culture.
- PhD in chemistry, organic chemistry or similar fields with 5+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience of leading a chemical synthesis team/lab with specific knowledge of solid state synthesis.