codedamn is looking for a Head of Community.
We're betting heavy on twitter + discord in the next 6-12 months to build a strong community of developers on codedamn. For this, we need a kickass person on the team all about community - events, user engagement, prizes, competitions on discord, and engagement/growth on the official Twitter handle. Apart from this, your work would be around people - students using codedamn and creators creating content on codedamn.
Nature of engagement
This role can be either on an internship basis or on a full-time employment basis - the time commitment associated with this role would prevent a candidate from pursuing other full-time projects.
What would your day job involve?
- Managing Discord
- Replying to relevant user queries
- Driving engagement up
- Coming up with event ideas and executing them for better retention
- Moderating community
- Twitter growth
- Creating engaging/developer-focused tweets for engagement on Twitter.
- Leading a small team of interns/moderators on twitter/discord to come up with a social media execution plan.
- Customer support
- Responding to customer support email queries/from social media.
- Taking feedback from Pro members on how their experience is so far and what can be done to improve it (setting up calls/via emails, etc.).
- Following up with content creators of codedamn, removing roadblocks, and keeping a check on progress.
- Finding content creators that we can potentially onboard.
- Anything else you can do to make codedamn a better place for the community - all suggestions welcome!
- Good communication skills and experience with managing communities in the past (at least 1 year+ of experience)
- Strong digital marketing, writing, and communication skills
- Strong will: Growth at codedamn will involve multiple stakeholders - each of whom will have their agenda - having a strong will to drive your points is absolutely critical.
- Rigor: The ability to balance gut instinct with data-based insights is a must in this role. You will be required to justify campaign decisions to the CEO & investors.
- Basic web developer background - Because you will be spending so much time with a (mostly) web developer community, having a basic web developer background is necessary.