Our mission is to form a community of textile artisans in a S.A.F.E. space:
- Sustainability- The textile industry has a big role to play in creating a green, sustainable future. This space enables the repairing of existing textile items and local manufacturing using green methods.
- Accessibility- VTMH strives to make space, skills and jobs in the textile industry accessible to all who are interested.
- Financial Security- We hope to grow skills and build pathways to flexible and diverse employment opportunities in the textile industry, from training people to sew and placing them in jobs, to enabling textile start-ups, we want to help.
- Equity- We believe in equal treatment and access to the benefits of our programs no matter your gender identity, age, race or physical ability. We hope to create a variety of service and membership options to accommodate different economic situations.
We strive to carry these guiding principles of building a S.A.F.E. makerspace through all that we do. If you see a way for us to improve or have any feedback or questions, please feel free to share them with us!
How we measure success
- Attendance at events
- Job opportunities created
- Happy customers