Add a comment
Add a comment to a pinned location or region on the canvas. Figma will attach your comment to frames when you pin a comment or select a region inside a top-level frame, component, or group. If those frames are moved around the canvas, their comments move with them. Comments won't attach to any nested frames, components, groups, or other layers.
- Click the speech bubble in the toolbar, or press C to enter comment mode. Your cursor will turn into a speech bubble.
- Select a location to comment on:
- Click the location on the canvas where you'd like the comment to be pinned.
- Or, click and drag your cursor to select a region to comment on.
- Type your message in the field. Click the emoji icon to add emoji or press @ to mention a colleague or one of us.
- Click to send your message.
Mention a collaborator
@mention collaborators in comments by pressing @ symbol and typing their name. This allows you to include a collaborator in the comment thread, or draw their attention to a specific part of the design file.
In a team there are some general restrictions around mention behavior:
- Collaborators that have the same roles on a resource can @mention one another. For example: team members can mention anyone else who is a member of the team.
- Team members can also mention collaborators who only have a role on that specific file.
- Collaborators that only have a role on the file, and not the team or project, can only mention collaborators that are members of the team. They can't mention collaborators that are only added to that file.
Outside of a team you can mention anyone you "know" in Figma. This includes:
- People who are on the same teams, projects, or files as you.
- Anyone you have invited, or has invited you, to a file.
Add a mention to a comment
Mention a collaborator when you add a new comment, or reply to an existing one.
- In the comment field, click @ or press the key to trigger a mention.
- Start typing in the person's name or email. Figma will suggest collaborators based on your history.