A referral program rewards your readers for successfully finding new subscribers on behalf of you. Adding referrals to your newsletter is a proven way to grow your subscriber count in a low effort and cost efficient manner.
However, Substack doesn’t provide native support for a referral program! 😢
We’re excited to launch the first white-labeled referral software platform for Substack writers. It is a fully managed workflow for referrers to create their unique links and see their progress against the rewards you setup.
How It Works
- Setup Your Account. First, email us at email@example.com wth a link to your Substack newsletter and the rewards (typically 3) you will offer your referrers. We also offer customizable color and font options to match your theme.
- Share Your Link. We’ll send you back your referral program link, which will look like [your-substack].substack.social/generate. Now, it’s your turn to shine! Share that link on social media, add it to your newsletter, and more! Your goal is to have people click on your link so that they can generate their own unique referral link.
- Referrers Get Signups. Once they create their unique link**,** your referrers will share it with their network, and you’ll start to see referrals flowing in.
- Verify The Signups. We wouldn’t want you to incorrectly reward your referrers that may be engaging in referral fraud! To verify, simply upload an export of your current subscriber list at some cadence and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Reward Referrers. We’ll proactively send you an email when a referrer earns a reward. From there, you can follow up with them, or we can coordinate the fulfillment of the reward for an additional fee.
Pricing: In beta - TBD