Glossary from Backlogs and Roadmaps 101:
- Goals (> 1 yr.) — large, ambitious aims that reflect some part of Gitcoin’s long-term strategy (maybe Gitcoin-level OKRs).
- Example: “Hit $500m in total funding for grants.”
- Outcomes (2-3 seasons) — milestones that we believe will help us achieve an organizational goal if we hit them.
- Example: “Increase the average contributions per grant by 30% YoY.”
- Opportunities (1-2 seasons) — hypotheses for how we can hit a given strategic outcome.
- Example: “Increase contributions from referral links by 50% from last Grants round”.
- Stories (1-3 days) — discrete pieces of work that achieve a contained goal for a specific type of user.
- Example: “As a grant owner, I want to know when my grant is approved so that I can share it with my community.”