FP Lab at the University of Michigan designs next-generation user interfaces for modern programming languages. Our research runs the methodological gamut, ranging from type-theoretic foundations through to human-centered design. We are particularly interested in applications to computer science education, accessibility, computational and data science, formal verification, and computational creativity.
- FP Lab and friends will present our work at SPLASH 2023 this fall!
- FP Lab and friends presented our work at SPLASH 2022 in Auckland, New Zealand December!
- FP Lab presented two papers at VL/HCC 2022 in Rome in September!
- FP Lab members presented work at ICFP 2022 in Ljubljana in September!
- FP Lab and friends presented our work at SPLASH 2021 in Chicago in October!
- PLDI 2021 accepted our paper Filling Typed Holes with Live GUIs! [Jun 2021]
- FP Lab is part of the vibrant MPLSE (Michigan Programming Languages and Software Engineering) research community.
- We maintain a Community page that lists some active mailing lists, forums, and other community resources that are relevant to the work that we do. FP Lab members are encouraged to get involved in the broader FP (future of programming and functional programming) community!
Joining FP Lab