To apply, please send us your resume at **firstname.lastname@example.org.**
AfterSell helps eCommerce merchants boost their store revenue by creating a better post purchase experience. Unlike major eCommerce marketplaces such as Amazon whose post purchase pages are designed to increase revenue, a standard post purchase page lacks those revenue generating opportunities. The best eCommerce businesses have great post purchase experiences to optimize revenue, retention, and customer experience. We want to help all merchants get there. To execute on this vision, we're making it easy for any business to setup and customize a branded post purchase experience. We're starting with the building blocks that every merchant needs — product offers, images, videos, etc. — and will over time create additional modules ourselves, integrate with other apps that merchants use, and open our API to collaborate with other developers so that we can serve businesses of all industries and sizes.
About the role
As an early engineer at AfterSell you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. You will work closely with the CTO and Product Team and have a path towards an engineering leadership position. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your learning and development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.
Who you are
- You have good values. You have high integrity, strive for excellence, value respect (of others and yourself), and believe in the power of collaboration.
- You have entrepreneurial drive. You are comfortable with uncertainty and high pace excites you. You may have worked at startups before or might want to build one yourself in the future.
- You believe in hard work. You understand that the world's best companies are built by talented and hard working people. ****
- You have experience. You have 2+ years experience working on production software and have worked across the stack. You have strong experience with full-stack development including React, Node.js, GraphQL, and MongoDB. Plus points if you have experience working with the Shopify development platform.
- You know what the priority is. We don't care whether you have a CS degree from Harvard or learned it on YouTube. But, your work is important to us — and that your priority is to make progress for the company.
- You're a first principles thinker. You don't care about the complexities at the surface level of frontend/backend/etc. but are more interested in solving the core problem, holistically.
- You're resourceful. You're going to run into problems that you don't know how to solve but you don't get stuck. If you don't understand something you quickly figure out what to do and move forward with a "getting things done" attitude.
- You put customers first. You constantly put yourself in the shoes of our customers, thinking about the implications of what you're building. This reflects in your work — pushing deeply tested code, designing additional components, etc.
What you'll do
- You'll ship. You'll be working on our core product to engineer solutions across multiple modules including our personalization engine, live editor, analytics, and more. You'll be moving fast no matter what you're building — new features, bug fixes, etc.
- You'll be an owner. Working at AfterSell is a lot of things, but the one thing it isn't is a cushy ride. You'll be leading multiple products and be directly responsible for their success. You'll be collaborating with many stakeholders including the founders, designers, customers, and everyone else.
- You'll balance the short and long term. While knowing the importance of shipping quickly you also know how to craft thoughtful long-term technical strategy. You know when to address tech debt and when to improve infrastructure and processes (testing, code reviews, etc.)
- You'll help build the team. The first 10 members of a startup dictate the next 100. You'll help interview and recruit other talented engineers.
- You'll learn about startups. Aside from your core work, you'll have the opportunity to get involved in other areas - marketing, growth, ops, etc.