Full Stack engineers build the core of Simpu; our web & mobile applications, APIs and infrastructure.
Our mission at Simpu is to help businesses (small and large) streamline every interaction or process to make businesses super efficient. We will help them chat with customers, take payments, send campaigns, automate processes using messaging with our developer friendly APIs.
Full stack engineers at Simpu work on everything from the business logic, to the APIs to the actual interface customers use. As a full stack engineer, you will build and expand current APIs, services and interfaces.
We’re looking for someone with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, systems across the Simpu stack
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with other engineers to build features or systems at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs, and systems
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Python, Node, Go and Java on the backend and React on the frontend. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than - knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Have experience writing unit and integration tests
- You have reasonable background in computer science including working with SQL databases, relevant data structures and algorithms
You might work on:
- New APIs and products for our users, or iterate on existing APIs or systems
- Build new systems to securely store sensitive data