Playhouse is hiring a senior frontend engineer to build the next generation platform for real estate discovery. Browsing real estate has become a cultural phenomenon in the US, with more than 200M people visiting Zillow every month and even SNL spoofing them in a skit. We believe it's ripe time for a new product for consumers - one that empowers a more authentic way to discover your next home. Our solution is video driven, entertaining and geared towards the next generation of home buyers.
About the role 🚀
This is a unique role to join as a founding team member for a startup poised to make a dent in the US real estate market. You will be instrumental in bringing our first product to market and establishing the foundation for its future growth.
Our team is fully distributed team, but we do require ability to work in the Pacific timezone.
Your responsibilities 💪
- Build video rich customer-facing applications for web & mobile using React, React Native and GraphQL. Closest example would be TikTok (vertical video feed, property pages, messaging, etc)
- Work hand in hand with our technical CEO and other teammates to prioritize and execute on our product roadmap.
- Help establish best practices (frameworks, testing, CI, code reviews, etc) to lay the foundation for a high performing technology team and its culture.
- Deliver robust, scalable and well-tested code.
About you 💁
Startup fit 📈
You know what you're getting into.
- You understand the startup mindset. You're comfortable with uncertainty and love quick iterations to build, learn and refine. You're used to having few resources, but can be decisive, nimble and impactful. You understand that growth is life.
- You have an ownership mentality and experience with that type of ownership over a core aspect of the product (product design, technical architecture, infra, key features, etc). You want more responsibility and accountability doesn't scare you.
- You've worked effectively in a small and tight-knit team. You're comfortable with having little support structure (CI/CD, refined roadmaps, etc), but you've seen what that looks like and you want to help build it.
- You're eager to drive impact with minimal oversight. Micro-management is the antithesis of what you're about and you expect the same of others around you.
- You're a product driven engineer - you're comfortable and eager to meet customers and develop an empathetic understanding of their problems to ensure we're building the right solutions.
Your tech skills / experience 🛠️