← Back to Careers
We're looking for a frontend engineer to accelerate our product development. As one of our first hires, you'll play a significant role in setting the direction of Causal's product, company, and culture.
Excellent frontend engineering is paramount to our success — our UI needs to support a lot of complexity without being complicated, and our data visualisation experience needs to be on par with that of Tableau and Looker.
What you'll work on:
- A generalised and extensible data visualisation system to let users create beautiful charts and tables
- The interactive "presentation view" with which users share their models
- The core spreadsheet-esque interface with which users build models. Performance is crucial here, as well as the ability to support a lot of complexity without being complicated.
- Check out our roadmap to see what else we've got planned:
- Have a strong eye for design
- Have 2+ years experience building complex interfaces for the web
- Have experience with our frontend tech stack: React/Redux/Typescript
- Be able to write clean + maintainable code with attention to performance, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it
- Be comfortable shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production
Where you will work:
- We are a globally distributed team working remotely with members of our team on both sides of the Atlantic - we do have a presence in London
- For the role we expect the individual to be located/working within
GMT+1 time zones
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Unlimited PTO
- Equipment stipend to support your home office needs
- Generous on-going stipends for lunch, co-working spaces, and learning and development
- An Oculus Quest 2 for our weekly VR socials
- Company retreats twice a year