Benefits of RUVs and working with the RUV Alliance
- Founder retains voting rights on shares bought by RUV investors, instead of giving up voting rights on shares bought by funds and syndicates
- RUVs only accept accredited investors and AngelList handles the accreditation verification process. No burden on founders.
- Charge a sustainable higher valuation/cap to RUV investors since lack of carry and management fees means RUV investors can get same net returns even if investing at a higher valuation
- Know all your investors and connect with them directly
- Deals close much faster since you don’t have to wait on fund GPs to call capital from LPs or for syndicate leads to solicit interest from syndicate members
- Raise in smaller batches (even quarterly if you'd like) with incrementally higher pre-money SAFE cap
- See testimonials and case studies for more on the benefits/costs
- Reg CF/A+ offerings are outside the scope of the Alliance unless they can be done at near zero fee or at least vastly cheaper than current market pricing at ~8% of capital raised in cash and securities.
- We are not a fund or a managed syndicate. We can share your deal with the angels in our group but each angel makes their own investment decision
- Investors can join freely. Founders must be invited or referred. How can a founder get invited?
Non US based companies