Currently working in XR | XS | XD | IxD
Research-obsessed product designer with background in rhetoric, interactive digital media, argumentation & advocacy, and instructional design. Energized by planning and executing projects that aim to understand ordinary questions with extraordinary depth and that disrupt traditional thinking.
Professional Experience (2010-Present)
UX Strategist at Useagility*
- embedded on retainer to evangelize UX to the product team of a quickly modernizing premium finance firm.
- managing UX research and strategy projects for the Business Intelligence team of a Class 1 Freight Railroad.
- supporting project-based clients like Higher Ed and global-impact non-profits.
Contract UX Researcher
- hourly contract for various > 100- hour learning-validation, customer, and product research projects for launch and growth phase companies + ideas.
- studying the UX of mentoring for entrepreneurs and implementing an alt LMS system for a nationally renowned hip hop educator.
I established my product design practice as an outgrowth of pedagogically forward-thinking rhetoric and digital media teaching at a traditional liberal arts college between 2010-2019.
- taught over 100 sections of interdisciplinary communication courses on topics from rhetoric to UX research.