Welcome to a ministry of making room and making disciples. Our goal is to create multiple Immerse Bible small groups of up to 12 people, where people can share life together and step into God’s story together. These groups will thrive on a wide welcome for beginners and strangers and trusting the Holy Spirit to do the heavy lifting.
the Work of a “Group Host”
“Simply facilitate conversation and help the group run smoothly.” Use these 4 Questions to get your conversations started:
What stood out to you this week?
Was there anything confusing or troubling?
Did anything make you think differently about God?
How might this change the way we live?
You do not need any bible expertise, because you won’t be “leading the discussion, teaching, or providing the ‘right answers.’”
- Choose a time and place to meet once a week for 16 weeks. Make it somewhere that is comfortable, quiet, and free of distractions. It doesn’t have to be at your home.
- Invite people to the group you’re hosting. Invite Zion people. Invite friends, coworkers, or neighbors who wouldn’t normally join a Bible study. You’ll have some help gathering a group. It’s not all on your shoulders
- Read the assigned readings each day, which will be about 6 pages. As you read, think about the topics or questions that you will use to begin your discussion. Keep in mind the 4 questions above.
- Remember, “Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up” (1st Corinthians 8). Treat these gatherings more like a book club than a Bible study.
Faith is caught not taught. In that same spirit, we’ll know we’re on the right track when we see:
- Beginners and strangers find welcome.
- Unlikely relationships grow.
- Scripture comes alive.
- God’s love is felt and God’s call is heard.
- We’re having more fun.