Thank you for agreeing to participate as an expert in the Work On Climate "expert office hours" program! Your generosity with your time and knowledge are much appreciated.
- We will use Calendly for scheduling. You will need to create a Calendly account and connect it to your calendar (if you already have a Calendly account, please let us know).
- We will ask for your preferences and set up your office hours slot accordingly.
- At the end, we will have a URL such as https://calendly.com/your-name/woc-office-hours that will be advertised in the community and community members can use it to sign up.
- If you wish, you will be able to further configure your office hours slot afterward - it will show up in your Calendly account.
If you are interested to be an expert, fill out this form
Set up Calendly
You should have received an invite to Calendly (if we didn't, let us know!) and added you to the Work On Climate organization.
Please accept the invite and go through the sign-up flow:
- Your account
- If you have a Google account, Calendly will ask for access to your calendar to add events and check for conflicts. If you're not OK with it, please let us know.
- If your account is not on Google, use "Create account with a password" - you'll need to connect it to your calendar separately.
- The invite
- Choose [your-name] part in the URL, it could be your name, nickname or whatever you please.
- At the "Set your availability" screen, press "Set up later".
- When the sign-up is finished and you see the main screen, you're done!
Note: Please Ignore or delete the default event types of 15-30-60 minutes. We will create the Office Hours event type and it will show up in your Calendly.
Please let us know the 1 weekly slot when you're available - e.g. "Wed at 7pm PST". Let us know if you need to change any of the following defaults:
- By default the slot is weekly. We can change it to more or less frequent; e.g. let us know if you want to make it every 2 weeks or every month.
- The default limit is 5 attendees.
- By default, people can sign up no earlier than 21 days before the slot, and no later than 3 days before the slot.
Please also send us a short summary about yourself and the types of things you want to talk to people about (3-5 bullets are enough for the website, but you can talk about whatever you and your mentee want). This will be displayed in the event description and places where your availability is advertised. Here is an example from a current expert:
I am the CEO of Frost Methane, a company mitigating methane emissions from permafrost & coal mining.
Ask me about:
- Methane emissions mitigation
- Computer science for climate change
- Getting started in climate
Beyond my day job, I am an advisor to the fusion investment fund Strong Atomics. Previously, I gained extensive experience in electrification and cleantech at Zola Electric, Google Energy, and X, Google’s “moonshot factory.”