This is a living document! If you are a Sunnyside & Woodside Mutual Aid member and you have anything to add or correct, please do so. We need everyone's help to keep these resources up to date. If you are not a member and notice something contained here that should be updated, please let us know at email@example.com.
Insurance Info/Payment Assistance
- Apply for Medicaid through New York City Human Resources Administration
- Enroll through the New York State Market Place. Qualifying events include losing your job or health coverage
- If you have commercial insurance, check with your insurance provider about covid-related changes to coverage. Many insurance providers are waving costs for all telehealth visits (as long as they are with a provider who would be considered in network if you visited in person)
- Community Health Advocates- referral service to different programs that offer medical bill payment assistance http://www.communityhealthadvocates.org/get-help-medical-bills Call 888-614-5400
- For assistance will hospital bills, you can also suggest patients call the hospital's financial department. They often have financial counselors who can help, come up with payment plans, refer to other programs, etc.
General Health Services
NYC Health + Hospitals will treat all New Yorkers, regardless of income, gender identity, immigration status or ability to pay
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health Woodside 50-53 Newtown Road Queens, NY 11377 718-334-6140
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health Jackson Heights 34-33 Junction Boulevard Queens, NY 11372 718-334-6150
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health Women’s Health Center 59-17 Junction Boulevard Queens, NY 11368 718-334-6300
Telehealth services- many platforms are offering free or reduced pricing during the pandemic. No insurance needed!
- For medication refills- complete a questionnaire at Callondoc for free and their medical team will review and send in a refill to your pharmacy
- HealthTap is offering all users one virtual health appointment with a doctor for free
- One Medical is offering free 30 day trials, complete with virtual covid-19 screenings and video chats with medical professionals