The flow sensor (YF S201) is used to measure the flow of a liquid or gas.
When water or air passes through the flow sensor, the blades of a fan inside the sensor turn. As they turn, they generate electricity.
- Water Meter: sensor measures the volume or flow rate of water at a tap to alert when there is too much water being used.
- Lung Capacity Meter: sensor measures how much air a person can blow out to determine their lung capacity.
- Shower Flow Monitor: sensor measures how much water is being used to alert when there is excess usage.
- Flow rate: Litres per minute
- D2 pin on the SNT Kit PCB.
- Connect the flow sensor to the tap - rotate it until it is tight enough. Use FTA (female threaded adapter/Threaded Collars to fix the sensor to the pipes.
- Tighten the FTA using a spanner and use the teflon tape to prevent any leakages that might happen.
- Click here for the code to test your flow sensor.