Effective from July 2022
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
At a Glance
We are committed to our value of striving for consistently exceptional outcomes and our purpose to keep people connected and engaged with the friends, family, homes, and communities they love. With this commitment we will provide a high-quality care and support service above and beyond our core hours of business of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Led by skilled people we operate a First Response and Escalation Team.
All employees who are contracted to participate in the First Response and Escalation Team (the team).
To provide a clear approach ensuring:
- an effective response and resolution is provided to matters requiring urgent attention outside of core hours of business with a focus on Member outcomes and the safe delivery of care and services
- workers are supported and there is a consistent approach to the implementation of first response and escalation arrangements.
- First Response – active daytime shifts on Saturdays and Sundays focusing on:
- Remote Care Monitoring
- Matters of care and support handed over by the Care Team, for example:
- Member health and wellbeing follow up
- Hospital discharge planning
- Responding to incidents that occur over the weekend
- Support for the On Call service including support for Helpers in the home.
- Escalation – inactive time (outside of active time) providing a point of contact and support for the On Call service.
- We will ensure team members possess the necessary knowledge, skill and experience to participate in the team.
- We will ensure that there are clear processes, systems and equipment necessary to provide the service.
- During the active component of a shift, team members will work from home or at another appropriate work location as with core hours of business.