Protocol Labs is an open-source R&D lab. They build protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Their products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
- IPFS: IPFS powers the Distributed Web. It's a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol designed to preserve and grow humanity's knowledge by making the web upgradeable, resilient, and more open.
- Filecoin: An open-source cloud storage marketplace, protocol, and cryptocurrency.
Protocol Labs is glad to offer a dedicated bounty for building on Filecoin and/or IPFS, its mentorship, and support as a 2021 Devfolio Hackathon Season Partner.
- $250 for best use of IPFS and/or Filecoin
✅ Submission Guidelines
- A submission with a working demo that demonstrates the use of IPFS and/or Filecoin in some form or the other can be defined as valid.
- Submit the GitHub link of your publicly visible source code of the hack on Devfolio. Broken links will disqualify the project from the judging process.
- There must be a clear description of the working of the hack in the README file. If the hack is live and can be tested, add the relevant links to that in the README file too.
- Create a short video demo on Devfolio itself while making the submission. Make sure that the person watching the video is fully able to understand what the bot does and what its functionalities are.
- Make sure you've mentioned
Filecoin in the
Technologies Used section and selected the appropriate track while submitting the project.
The judging will be done by the Protocol Labs team based on submissions on Devfolio, post the hackathon. Awarding the prize will be at the Protocol Labs team's discretion and subject to the hacks meeting a minimum bar of quality. Prizes will be announced and disbursed within a couple of days after the hackathon.
The judges grade submissions across five equally-weighted categories:
- Design: Is it easy to use? Does the visual design delight you? If targeting developers, is the experience smooth and intuitive?
- Novelty/Originality: Does it have unique and novel features or combine features of other products or services in a unique and novel way?