This FAQ reflects the current thinking about many aspects of the project and the information that we have about the state of the building.
This thinking will evolve and answers will change as we learn more about the building and the needs of the community.
Estimates will change as they get more detailed and we get quotes for specific works.
So please check back often. Once we move into the apartment reservation phase we will lock down all content so that at that point it is clear what you will actually buy.
How can we attract people to a place that is very remote and doesn’t have much else around except nature?
Why the community ownership model for Coliving Semkovo?
- Coliving Semkovo is using a community ownership model because Matthias believes it will create a unique experience where every owner is motivated to contribute to the success of the project. With 200 owners promoting the project and wanting to rent out their apartments and grow the coliving business, it will be a strong form of word-of-mouth marketing. Owners will also be more motivated to run activities that they enjoy for the community, such as quiz nights, karaoke, group hiking, book clubs, cocktail nights, skill shares, and day trips, compared to just being customers of a coliving space. Additionally, being able to influence the high-level strategy and budget of the community business will engage owners more than being part of a community that is owned by a business that sees everyone as just customers.
How big are the different units?
- Below is the typical net area of the different floorplans.
Coliving Semkovo will probably keep most of the staff rooms for staff & volunteers or convert to budget accommodation. Or sell some as apartments even though they lack a view/balconies to increase the budget for common area upgrades.
Do the units come with storage? Can I receive mail?
- The building has many areas that can be converted into storage. So while individual units do not have their own storage it will be possible to get storage at the building. The co-op will decide if this comes for free to owners or if there is a small charge for it depending on how much storage people really require.
- We intent to offer mailroom services so that owners can receive mail and shipments, even when they are not in Semkovo.
What will it look like?
We will get some interior design suggestion for units as well as communal areas and also get inspired by great coliving and coworking design concepts from around the world.
More design inspiration on Pinterest
We will aim for a similar modern design that people expect from a leading coliving space.
When I pick a specific floorplan / unit?
- We will do reservation of specific units once we have enough interest in the project. The selection will be done in stages and we might have slightly different prices for more/less desirable units (views, balcony, floors etc.) and we will increase pricing for each stage slightly to reward early commitments.
We will post videos of some floorplans and also organize an on-site viewing before reservations start.
When will the payments be due?