What's Cookin' (startup), Remote/Tucson, AZ – (July 20 - Present)
An easy way to meet, communicate, and share experiences with your local community.
- Solved issues in the production web app built with React resulting in better user experience.
- Prototyping with figma and Developing our first hybrid mobile app build with Flutter.
- Strategizing code structure and documentations for each codebase with the engineering team to remediate potential tech debt.
- Participating in efforts to get the company into an accelerator program by gathering metrics to show traction, building pitch decks and networking.
Software Engineer Intern
Errunds (startup), Brooklyn, NY – (Sep 19 - Jan 20)
Errunds is building a platform that connects local businesses to their communities.
- Designed schemas and mapped out steps for the application’s architecture, performance, and scalability as a member of the engineering team.
- Collaborated with the design team to build a working prototype, using React and constructed the back-end API with Node.JS, Express.JS, mongoDB and deployment to AWS.
Web Developer Volunteer
Open Learning Exchange (non-profit), Remote/Cambridge, MA – (Feb 19 - May 19)
Open Learning Exchange provides a free educational platform for underserved children worldwide.
- Learned how to work within an engineering team; maintaining software through versioning and github project progress tracking.
- Working remotely with a distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Identified and opened dozens of GitHub issues on the website to improve functionality, created the appropriate fixes and merged them into the main branch for production.