We own each and every feature we build
- We oversee features from specification to production and take responsibility for ongoing maintenance. We care about the overall product experience and understand the impact of our code on all layers.
- We carry our features and bugs through from start to finish and avoid hand-offs.
Code should be seen by a fresh pair of eyes
- Before any commit is deployed to production, it is code reviewed by another engineer. This minimizes bugs and ensures our code maintains a high degree of readability. It also promotes learning and spreads knowledge among teammates.
High-quality code stays that way through tests
- Writing meaningful and automated tests helps ensure our code stays high quality. While we prefer quality over quantity when it comes to tests, we also strive to maintain at least 75% code coverage in our tests.
We take responsibility for the quality of the code we write
- We test our own software before others test our software.
We succeed together. We fail together.
Relationships over hierarchy
- Direct communication enables people to solve problems well
We trust our team members to succeed and support them when they fail
- We encourage and enable team members because their success is our success
We approach problems with a solutions-oriented attitude
- We respond to differences in opinion with curiosity, not negativity