We believe that the software revolution is just getting started and that improving people's understanding of software is critical to building a healthier and more humane society.
To that end we're starting by building the debugger of our dreams. Replay is a time traveling debugger that makes finding, fixing and talking about bugs faster and more enjoyable. Replay is cross-browser (Firefox, Chrome), and cross platform (Browser, Node).
This is just the beginning. Not only do we want to bring Replay to every runtime, we want to fundamentally change how people interact with software:
- Developers should be able to have deeper insights into their software
- Technical team members should have more context into their team's software
- Non-technical team members should find software more accessible and approachable
Replay is a distributed company, founded by people who have spent many years working on fully distributed teams. We work across the globe, so we focus less on hours and more on building a great product. We build for the long term: it's a relay, not a sprint.
Recording and replaying software is novel, but the skills required to lead an exceptional team are not. You will play a leadership role on day one helping us launch a rock solid product, grow the team, and mature our processes.
- Help us launch Replay with a resilient and performant service.
- Help us measure system health and ensure consistent experience. We're big fans of P90 and P99 scores.
- Help us recruit a diverse and inclusive team and support a collaborative product-lead culture
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers that spans all skill levels
- Help us set clear goals and ensure that work in a way that is iterative and experiment lead
- You are a natural leader with 4+ years of experience leading diverse and inclusive teams building ambitious technical products.
- You are entrepreneurial and enjoy bringing new products to market and wearing multiple hats
- You have a technical background that helps you assess the complexity of hacking on a runtime like Chrome and systems that could have hundreds of concurrent processes
- You are hands-on and don’t mind jumping in, writing sql, building dashboards, and helping customers.
- You have excellent communication skills and are happy to either jump on a call and come up with a quick fix, or sit down and research a proper solution.
- Being able to overlap with PST at least 4 hours is a requirement, which means we're mostly looking at folks in US time zones
Even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet, we want to hear from you. There’s no perfect candidate, and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
Apply Here: Send an email with a resume to email@example.com
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org