In short: Full-time position. Berlin or Europe remote, please only apply if currently residing in the EU or UK. Competitive salary & generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you will love.
😍 We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing phone and data plans through an Interface & API to eCommerce, travel, HR & device platforms globally.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox and Airbnb. As part of Gigs you will have access to the teams, resources and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us in tricky situations.
🔧 The position
We are seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to join our growing Team. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work independently and efficiently. You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and be responsible for a team of 5-10 engineers in the beginning. We will make sure you have fun along the way!
Key responsibilities include:
- Authoring project plans for epics and running agile project management processes. Breaking down product ideas and roadmaps and formulating them into projects for execution.
- Providing guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, product architecture, and other areas.
- Actively seeking and hiring globally-distributed talent; Conducting managerial interviews for candidates and training the team to do technical interviews; Holding regular 1:1s with team members.
- Generating and implementing process improvements; Improving product quality, security, and performance. Flagging roadblocks & bottlenecks in real-time.
- Fostering technical decision-making on the team while making final decisions when necessary.
- Drafting quarterly OKRs and Engineering KPIs; Ensuring efficient resource allocation.
- Being in charge of Ticket organization, outlining, and streamlining while managing timelines