There is a defibrillator in the village. See Medical resources
The Environment Agency’s Flood Pages are very comprehensive. You can also register to receive flood warnings.
This is highly recommended for residents in North Lane, The Village and adjacent to Church Farm.
Do you live in a Thatched Cottage?
Hampshire Fire and Rescue have some great advice for thatched cottage owners.
Chimneys and flues
- keep chimneys in good condition: re-point or line as necessary
- any re-thatch or major ridge job should have all material taken from around the chimney so that it can be checked and repaired if needed
- the chimney, if used by any appliance producing flue gases, should be linked according to the manufacturer’s specification and, in the case of solid fuels, should be swept regularly
- the top of the stack should be no closer than 1.8 metres from the ridge vertically and, in the case of a stack in the wall, 4 metres vertically from any thatch surface
- do not build, rebuild or design chimneys which pass close to or through thatch without appropriate expert advice
- do not pass metal and other heat conducting flues through thatch
- spark arrestors should be fitted and maintained/cleaned on a regular basis
- most thatch fires start in the roof space and, due to the thickness of the roof, may not be apparent for many hours