Thank you for using the Eloquent knowledge capture tool! This page is your resource for troubleshooting questions and submitting ideas, feedback, or issues.
- Bulleted list, bold and italics support (⌘B and ⌘I)
- Th bullet list mode is entered using the key sequence "- " (that's a dash followed by a space!)
- Note if you "lose" bullets because you exited them you can get them back by using the above shortcut!
- Brackets Autocompletion - []
- Typing [ will compete the other brace
- Typing [[ with text selected will surround the text in brackets
- When inside of a braces pair [[ ]], pressing TAB or ENTER will jump to the outside at the tail end of the braces.
- #tags syntax highlighting
Resizing - Drag the top-left or bottom-right corners of the window to resize
Moving - Click the top "bar" of the window and drag it to reposition
The size and position you move the window to will be set as the default for any new tabs.
Snippets are useful bits of text activated with keywords prefixed with a forward-slash /
- /url - Typing this key sequence will fill in the url of the current tab
- /title - Typing this key sequence will fill in the title of the current tab
- /today - Insert the current date [[July 12th, 2020]]
- /time - Insert the current time
- /ts - Insert the timestamp of the video/audio content on the current page (experimental)
Feedback & Resource Links
- These easily accessible links on the notepad point to the feedback form and this resource page.
To Roam Button
- This button is currently offered as a convenience and will jump you to an open Roam tab, then select all the text in the notepad, ready for you to copy and paste into Roam.
- The button will appear only after you activate the Eloquent extension on a Roam tab (so that the extension can remember which tab to jump to). Works with the Roam Chrome App.
- Once Roam releases an API, we plan to support saving into Roam directly.