IGDA NYC Board of Directors Elections
Annual chapter elections are an opportunity for members to shape the activities of the chapter and have an impact on the local game industry and community.
The chapter board of directors consists of five members, including a chair and a vice chair (or two co-chairs), a treasurer, and a secretary, plus any other titled positions the board may deem appropriate. One person may hold more than one office.
Elections are held for general seats on the board, and not for specific positions. At the start of each new term, the board votes to allocate position titles and duties among its members. Directors serve a two-year term, with staggered elections held annually.
In the event that any seat on the board is unable to be filled through regular elections or becomes vacant by resignation or any other reason, the remaining members of the board may vote to appoint an interim director to serve until the next election cycle.
In order to run or vote in the election, you must be a paid, registered member of the IGDA by the close of the nomination or election period. To become a member, visit https://igda.org/membership/
2020 Election Timeline:
- November 9th: Four-week nomination period opens with a call for nominations and request for candidate statements.
- December 14th: Nominations close at 11:59pm. LAST DAY FOR CANDIDATES TO REGISTER IGDA MEMBERSHIP.
- December 16: The slate of nominees will be approved and announced by the IGDA NYC board of directors. Nominees' statements will be posted on the IGDA NYC website and social media channels.
- December 16: Two-week voting period opens. Votes will be cast using IGDA's website.
- December 30: Voting closes. LAST DAY FOR VOTING MEMBERS TO REGISTER IGDA MEMBERSHIP. The winners will be privately notified by email within one week of the close of the election period.
- January 1: Newly elected members of the board of directors officially take office. Votes on position appointments will occur at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the board.
Qualifications for Office:
Nominees for the IGDA NYC Chapter Board of Directors must:
- Be a member of the IGDA in good standing.
- Agree to abide by the Leadership (Board of Directors) Code of Ethics found here: https://members.igda.org/page/codeofethics
- Agree to uphold the chapter Mission Statement and Values and Code of Ethics, found here: https://igda.org/about-us/core-values-and-code-of-ethics/
- Have read the IGDA Professional Chapter Handbook and agree to be bound by its terms. The manual can be found here: https://igda.org/resources-archive/igda-chapter-handbook/