This document is an attempt to capture and organized Dan's thoughts and guidance on various election-related topics.
Please remember, Eden is in an experimental stage. This is the latest guidance we have, and it's a living document. We will add to and update these as we gain more insight and clarity.
Table of Contents
Membership in Multiple Communities?
Can someone belong to 2 communities at once?
- Yes, so long as both communities aren't receiving funding from EOS... to avoid "double spending." This is more of a rule BPs put on communities.
- The contract would check other funded communities to ensure no repeat members. But this only goes so far; people using different EOS accounts between communities should be removed from all but one and, where intent is malicious, potentially exiled.
- New members should be asked to confirm that they're not in another funded Eden community.
- Would we have any way to enforce such a rule if not? only as above
Is There a Minimum Age?
- Old enough.
- You don't want to treat kids as adults or adults as governments.
- Members should be contributing adults of a community.
Is there a time requirement as a member to be eligible to participate in elections?
- No. As soon as you're a member, you can participate in elections
Can members of the community object to a particular invitation? Will there be a review period where the community can veto an induction?
- No. The gate on inductions is the Inviter and Witnesses. If the member is disruptive or an unproductive member, they can be removed at a later time as needed, just like any other member.