Hi there! We're looking for people who work on and create cool things to come on to Primer and help inspire the next generation of learners.
This is a part-time, paid contracting position. Hours and length are flexible but typically range from 1-6 hours a week for 2-6 weeks. Please read on, and if interested, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about yourself, including the clubs you think you're a good fit for and your relevant experience!
🌈 What is Primer
- Primer is building tools that help creative kids and homeschooling families come together to take their interests far.
- One of our core products is Primer Clubs, where kids can come together around an interest—like art, storytelling, or nature—and share projects they're working on, talk about ideas they have, and get feedback.
🎨 Clubs at Primer
- Naturalists club
- Game-makers club
- Inventors club
- Cooking club
- Storytellers club
- Artists club
- Music club
- Photography club
💛 About you!
- You are a professional or domain expert in a field closely tied to one of our clubs
- You have a background or experience that is relatable to kids interested in the field
- You enjoy working with kids and feel comfortable giving constructive feedback
- You're interested in a short-term contracting position of 2-6 weeks with about 1-6 hours of work a week, depending on the responsibilities we decide upon together.
- (Optional) You have experience creating educational content for kids aged 7-14
🏗️ What you'll be working on
- We're looking for people who are interested in being partners in trying new things in our clubs together.
- In the past, we've had an expert:
- Write challenges for kids to participate in (1-2 hours total to brainstorm/write)
- Respond to kids' posts in clubs (1 hour weekly)
- Host a live event like a Q&A (1-2 hours total)
- We'll work together to find out the right mix!