👋 Hi there! We're looking for people who work on and create cool things to come on to Primer and help inspire the next generation of learners.
This is a part-time, paid contracting position. Hours and length are flexible but typically range from 1-6 hours a week for 2-6 weeks. Please read on, and if interested, reach out to email@example.com with a bit about yourself, your relevant experience, and any ideas you have for how you'd want to get involved with the Primer community.
🌈 What is Primer
- Primer is building tools that help creative kids and homeschooling families come together to take their interests far.
- There are a number of core products that Primer offers and they all work together in different ways:
- Clubs: learning communities where kids come together around interests—like art, storytelling, or nature—and share projects they're working on, talk about ideas they have, and get feedback.
- Rooms: live audio spaces where kids can meet up to work on projects, play imaginative games, and just hang out. Primer also runs various classes and events for kids using rooms.
- Pursuits: 2-6 week team experiences where kids work together towards a mission or goal. Past pursuits include:
- 👾 Galactic Explorations: a 6-week narrative-based space exploration where kids team up and compete with other teams
- 📝 Writer's Pursuit: a group of kids coming together to set goals and keep each other accountable as they work on a personal writing project.
🎨 Clubs at Primer
Below are our current clubs. As an expert on Primer, you spend most of your time in one of these clubs, start your own, or work across multiple clubs! There are also kid-created clubs on topics like Fashion, Marvel, and Minecraft.
- Naturalists club
- Game-makers club
- Inventors club
- Cooking club
- Storytellers club
- Artists club
- Music club
- Photography club
💛 About you!
- You are a professional or domain expert in a field
- You have a background or experience that is relatable to kids interested in the field
- You're looking for or interested in ways to turn your experience into an educational experience
- You enjoy working with kids and feel comfortable giving constructive feedback
- You're interested in a short-term contracting position of 2-6 weeks with about 1-6 hours of work a week, depending on the responsibilities we decide upon together.
- (Optional) You have experience creating educational content for kids aged 7-14
🏗️ What you'll be working on
- We're looking for people who are interested in being partners in trying new things in our clubs together.
- Examples of what experts have done in the past
- Run a class or workshop to teach kids about your field
- Write challenges for kids to participate in
- Respond to kids' posts and give feedback in clubs
- Host a live event like a Q&A
- We'll work together to find out the right mix!