At EduMe, we believe diversity drives innovation. We’re aspiring to build a culture where difference is valued and a place where everyone, regardless of race, culture, socio-economic background, gender, or sexual orientation feels safe, welcome, and can be their best working self. We want EduMe to be a place where individuals can share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and be themselves.
We are currently a team of 51. Our team includes 14 different nationalities, 18% of whom are people of colour and 35% are female.
We aim to be transparent in our efforts to become a more diverse and inclusive place to work. All feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated and can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This plan has been inspired by Project Include, a resource that we've found extremely useful.
How are we going to do this?
- Take a long term, proactive approach while getting consistent feedback from the EduMe team
- Understand our societal duty to influence change and play our part in creating a fairer world
- Understand we might, at times, get things wrong but do everything in our power to learn from mistakes
- Take an intersectional approach; we understand that there isn't a "one size fits all" approach to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the minority groups within this
What we have done so far
- Enhanced our parental leave policy, for primary and secondary carers
- Increased flexible working to support people's individual needs when working
- Increased our sick-pay leave, covering both mental ****and physical health
- Partnered with Spill, giving all employees the option to have one to one mental health support
- We launched our first advertising campaign to attract female developer candidates, through girlcode
- Committed to having a mix gendered interview panel across all roles