Bitcoin Cash Network Meetings
Thank you for taking the initiative to present a discussion item at the next Bitcoin Cash Network Meeting!
All presentations must follow the format laid out in this document. This makes the discussions easy to follow, for both audiences and participants. To ensure that the discussions are efficient and high quality, all presentations must be submitted ahead of time for review.
Proposals can be submitted either as a video of the presentation, or as text. Text submissions should effectively be a script of your presentation. Either way, a presentation should simply be answers to the questions laid out in this document in the order they appear. For help and review, please join the BCH Network Discussions telegram group!
- Problem Statement/Use Case
- Without going into any history or context, what are the practical implications of solving the problem you’re trying to solve? What use-cases would be enabled, and why should they be accommodated?
- What groups or stakeholders benefit from fixing the problem/implementing the feature/etc? Who from those groups openly supports your specific initiative?
- Properties of a good solution/implementation
- There may be many ways to go about trying to fix a problem, or enable a use case. What differentiates a good solution from a bad one? How should a solution/implementation be measured?
- This might be an appropriate place to talk about the context of the problem, and/or current implementation. But make sure to keep it to the point! We don’t need a history lesson, just enough to know why you’ve decided on the criteria you’re presenting.
- Current Proposal/Implementation
- Feel free to give a general overview of the implementation, but please only get as technical as is necessary to explain how it has the properties of a good solution/implementation you previously laid out.
- Make sure to cover each of the criteria laid out in section 2, referring back to each one as it’s covered!
- Recognition of costs
- What products would need to be updated, then reviewed, tested, etc to implement your proposal?
- How serious are the consequences of not updating?
- What secondary costs can you imagine, and how might you mitigate them?
- Will employees need to be retrained?
- Will anything need to change for end-users?
- What is the likelihood for contention over the change?
- (Consider providing a short cost/benefit analysis. Why do you think the benefits are worth the costs and risks?)
- Suggested Stakeholders
- Who do you think benefits from the implementation of the discussion item on the Bitcoin Cash network?
- Which of those stakeholders openly support your proposal?
For more information about how a discussion will be structured, please see
Network Meeting Procedure