We are seeking a Director of Psychedelic Research to join our team! This opportunity is a mix between research management and digital product management. The role involves working with a team of international psychedelic researchers, practitioners, and partners using the QC platform to improve how we design studies and accelerate research in psychedelic science.
Location: Vancouver, Canada (or remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app and have had over 43,000 iOS app installs with a 4.7 star rating. Among our initial studies, we've partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 14,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We've also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 6,000 participant Gratitude Study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and manage the Psychedelic Data Project, a global research initiative created by Quantified Citizen and led by the Psychedelic Data Society, in collaboration with UBC, MAPS Canada, and Canadian Psychedelic Association, with support from University of Washington, Beckley Foundation, PsyGen, The Sentinel, any many psychedelic practitioners. Your work on this project is to:
- Manage international team of psychedelic researchers and practitioners
- Build and maintain relations with our partners, funders, customers, and the public
- Product management, and coordination with technical development team members for feature management and bug reporting.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and international psychedelic research team members of the Mobile Microdosing Study version 1, as well as version 2
- Communicate study status, timelines and data to key stakeholders, and serve as a representative on multidisciplinary project teams
- Prepare study protocols and reports related to various studies, perform various analyses as appropriate, and contribute to regulatory and research ethics board submissions
- Directly interact and maintain strong scientific and collaborative relationships with stakeholders including industry partners, innovators, research personnel, vendors and contract research organizations
- Remain aware of the latest scientific research in psychedelics, and prepare regular summary reports to leadership team
- Prepare and present psychedelic research project insights at customer meetings, industry events, scientific conferences, etc., as necessary
- Publish articles in well-known media outlets and academic journals
- Work closely with the Privacy Officer to ensure study participant data is kept to the highest standards of anonymity and privacy.
What We Expect from You
- Ph.D. or Masters Degree in health-related fields such as Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Biology, or Health Science or international equivalent
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Clinical Research Associate, in combination with a supervisory role in performing, managing and directing pharmaceutical/ biotechnology research and development activities
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, study design and statistical planning, current ICH, GCP standards and region-specific regulatory clinical research laws and guidelines