Practice helps service providers do more, faster. Our software is ambitious in its scope - we're building a customizable, modern CRM workflow that integrates and automates payments, scheduling, forms, notes, real-time messaging, and more.
We want working on Practice to be a very high leverage way to do good in the world. Our product group today is made up of about 10 strong and experienced designers and developers, spread around the world, all working remotely.
The Director of Engineering will report to the CTO and work in parallel with the Head of Design and other product leaders to discover, design and deliver our product roadmap. They will be the primary agent in managing and scaling our engineering team - 250% this year - and in leading our development craft to the next level of sophistication, quality, and stability.
- impressive technical ease and facility
- a management philosophy, style and system
- a "bench" of people you've worked with before who would work with you again
- specific experience that gives you great context for this role
- you've worked at an early stage venture-backed SAAS startup
- you've managed and scaled an engineering team from 5 to 10 to 30 people
- you've made many mistakes and can talk about them
In your first 6 months at Practice, you will
- get to know and assume leadership of our engineering team
- familiarize yourself with the code base and contribute to the development of multiple product features
- it's important that you get in the codebase and contribute.
- improve our delivery processes to increase clarity, product velocity, and team happiness
- play a first-class role in roadmap planning as the engineering function's primary stakeholder
- design the team structure for the next 6, 12, 18 months and execute the recruiting plan
Other important details:
- We have a very international team, but we actively seek to increase our diversity. We particularly welcome applications from women, and from people of color and minority ethnic candidates.