About Brain Health Bootcamp
The Brain Health Bootcamp is on a mission to fundamentally transform mental health education. We provide online education and resources to adolescents and school communities. Our comprehensive online curriculum steps students through engaging evidence-informed video content, infographics, illustrations, and helpful guides to demystify mental health: what it is, how to talk about it, and how to seek help. We’re creating game-changing mental health education by reframing mental health as brain health, and providing online education for young people across the country. Following the mass increase in depression and anxiety from the pandemic, the need for brain health education and healthy coping skills is more important than ever.
To make our vision for mental health awareness a reality, we’re building a team of entrepreneurs, researchers, content creators, and mission-driven go-getters to create massive impact and do the best work of our lives.
We're looking for a Design Associate who is passionate about developing mental health education for adolescents. You’ll play an essential role in understanding mental health conditions, coping skills, and health data and then communicating the research through consumable content forms (infographics, videos, visuals, etc).
What You’ll Do:
- Design curriculum: Develop curriculum by simplifying comprehensive research into easily digestible content, such as videos, infographics, etc
- Create social media content: Adapt BHB curriculum content for social media consumption
- Analyze data: Review the data collected through the bootcamp and analyze pitfalls in our curriculum
- Implement feedback from reviewers & constituents: Review our content, implement feedback, and work closely with expert reviewers, medical professionals, psychiatrists, student ambassadors, etc
- Conduct user interviews: Understand adolescent wellbeing and needs, and speak to adolescents and educators to understand their knowledge gaps and mental health concerns within the school systems
- Experience in design/content creation (either summer internship or 1+ year in a full-time role)
- You understand basic design principles and can use Canva, Figma, or some other design software
- You are analytical and detail-oriented, able to piece out important information
- You are a self-starter and don’t require a lot of hand-holding or direction. You get excited by the ability to develop and execute strategy and can pull people in as needed
- You are analytical and data-driven and can effectively communicate metrics and analysis
- You are execution-oriented and err on the side of action
- You have excellent communication (oral and written), time management, and organizational skills
- You are a team player and collaborate well with different teams and personalities
- You have a deep passion for our mission and the future of mental health