Ange - How should the strategy team form the strategy
Ange - Who is involved in the team?
Fintan - Can a core team opt out of a strategy?
Alexis - a strategy affects a protocol team different than a product or growth team
Fintan - do all strategies need to be defined in a way that they are relevant to each core team?
- Ange - who is part of the strategy team, so that the strategy reflects the core teams
- Lucas - if you’re closest to the specific thing, then you have more influence over the strategic position
- Ange - if there are 8 people on the strategy team, and a strategy goal is related to Link, then Link has more weight in deciding
- Alexis - strategy can be more flexible. If Link is not hindering the strategy then they are part of it. Link’s success if based on what is built on top of the protocol.
- Ange - Yes, you could enable things to be built on Link. But Link could prioritize who (not clear sorry)
- Alexis - If one year the strategy is GitHub, doesn’t mean the protocol team has to do something with GitHub.
- Fintan - so If the strategy is integrate with GitHub, your goal on Link might be to allow more open connections with the protocol
- Ange - if the strategy team has to read the market.
- Alexis - strategy should be broad enough that the core teams are negotiating only on objectives
- CONTROVERSIAL Alexis - every core team doesn’t need to have input on the strategy
- Lucas - if you don’t feel part of the strategy, you’re less motivated
- Ange - if you’re part of a core team and on the strategy team then your team is at an advantage because they’re defining the strategy
- Alexis - You can VOTE for the people on the strategy team
- Ange - strategy has to have certain skillsets from different people. if we’re voting, how do we make sure to have different skillsets on the strategy team?
- It’s not encodable so you can’t enforce it
- Alexis - I agree we should have different skillsets on the strategy team, but you can’t control that in the future because the DAO can change anything
CONTROVERSIAL - every core team doesn’t need to have input on the strategy
TO DO - Formalize Radicle values
Do strategies need to be defined so that they are relevant to all core teams? What if they aren’t relevant to all core teams
How do core teams express their resistance to the defined Strategy?
Strategy should not be numbers-based
How do we put people on the strategy team?
What is considered strategy? Not objectives and numbers based