Catalog believes in human curation, and we can’t do it alone. In addition to artist submissions curated by the core team, Catalog collaborates with contributing curators to expand the depth of sounds and perspectives on the platform, with the aim of bringing the best music out there to Catalog.
🎵 Submit for consideration using the curation cycles submissions form
How it Works
Contributing curators rotate in eight week cycles:
- Submission Window (Cycle 3: Nov 21 - Dec 11)
Prospective curators complete the curator submissions form.
- Submission Review (Cycle 3: Dec 12- Jan 15)
Catalog reviews submissions and selects up to 10 contributing curators for the cycle.
- Contributing Curators Announced & Onboard Artists (Cycle 3: Jan 16 - Mar 12)
Curators are announced on socials at the start of this period and have eight weeks to onboard up to four artists each. Once an artist is onboarded, they may press a record on Catalog at any time.
⚠️ Curators are not required to take a split, but commit to receiving no more than 10% of the primary sale if they reach an agreement with the artist onboarded.
- What information do prospective curators provide when submitting ?
- Who can submit to be a contributing curator?
- Does Catalog respond to all curator submissions?
- Should I resubmit to curate if I submitted for a previous cycle but didn’t hear back and am still interested?
- Can contributing curators onboard any artist of their choosing?
- Can a contributing curator curate more than one cycle?
- Why did Catalog start rotating curation cycles?
- I’m an artist - Do I need to know a contributing curator in order to be onboarded to Catalog?