Intro to Contracts - Video Guide
1. If you have not selected an agency yet, select one from your list
2. Click on the "Contracts" option in the left menu, and you'll be able to create a new one
3. Fill in the relevant fields for the contract, check over the preview on the right side, and click 'Generate'
Here is a quick overview of the fields:
- Contractor - Select the freelancer/contractor that will be completing work and getting paid
- Customer rate - Specify the amount that the client will be paying per hour of work in USD
- Client source - Select one of two options
- I Met the client through Turtle - if you were introduced to the client through a member of Match.dev or TurtleOS.
- I Sourced the Client - if you are bringing your own client onto the platform
- Project - Select the project/workspace that you will be working and billing time in
- Additional Terms - Use this field to add any additional terms to the contract, you can use the dash ("-") at the start of a line to create a formatted list
When you are finished, click 'Generate' to create a contract link to share with your client.
The contract officially starts when they click the "Start working with..." button on the contract. This is what it will look like:
4. The contract will now appear in the 'Pending' list until your client accepts it using the contract's public link